Friday, January 9, 2015

10 Things

1. Elsie has started referring to herself as 'Little Momma' and myself as 'Big Momma'.

2. One of my new year resolutions is to have a date every month with David. We have set aside $50 a month to make it happen. I am stoked with determination to be creative with our funds. I will tell you all about our January date after it happens.

3. The only baby gear left in our house is a toddler bed and a monitor. I think I just might break down and cry. I don't have any little babies anymore.

4. David has had his guitar for almost a year now and is greatly improving. He practices almost every day. He always amazes me with his commitment to goals and how he can learn anything he sets his mind on.

5. He has also grown his beard out fully and I can say honestly that I like it. With one caveat, that it stay groomed. I am not much into the Duck Dynasty look.

6. An acquaintance of mine told me how she reads to her kids every night. Without fail. They have read through some mighty impressive books. I think it is a wonderful concept so I am trying to start that here. We are three chapters into the unabridged Winnie-the-Pooh.

7. The holidays were nice but we all were ready to get back to school and to a routine. CC has not started yet so we are reviewing memory work like mad men. I am determined that we shall learn all the Latin for the first 12 weeks! Carpe Diem!

8. This is the time of year when we get cabin fever. It always makes me think of this.





9. A friend told me about Contra dancing here in town. I can't wait to take David!

10. I took Ian to the doctor this Wednesday. He had an ear infection and most likely the flu. Poor baby was crying and sobbing most of the first part of the week. Napping at random times. Upset over every little thing. I am glad to have my happy boy back. Ammoxicillin is a wonderful drug. 

1 comment: